Rate this topic

Recently a fellow woodworker sent me a note about an upgrade someone did  to his DeWalt 788. Seems as a Marcus Bailey has come up with a over sizsd knurled knob cap for the Dewalt Scroll saw. He is making these and for more information you can contact:

Marcus Bailey

404-274-2532

Or:   scrollsawcomfortknob@gmail.com

They come in 2 sizes,1.125" and 1.00" , I bought 2 small ones, here are the pictures,thats about 2 min. to install.

Herb

IMG_2424.JPG

IMG_2425.JPG

IMG_2426.JPG

IMG_2427.JPG

IMG_2428.JPG

IMG_2429.JPG

I took care of that problem in 99. I would rather make something myself.IMG_9123.JPG.2744f8d1b6a58b130a1b82eb46714366.JPG

I made a one piece set that fits top and bottom.... 

Herb - does the extra weight on that side upset the balance?  Do you notice any difference in the sound of the saw?  My inquizitive mind wants to know.

5 hours ago, Fred Wilson said:

Herb - does the extra weight on that side upset the balance?  Do you notice any difference in the sound of the saw?  My inquizitive mind wants to know.

No problems,Fred, They are made out of aircraft Aluminum and are very light weight. There is no additional noises,I can determine,they do not hitting the bottom of the table. I have some arthritis in my hands and thumb and loosening the original knob is very difficult, this solves that problem.

Herb

Herb - thanks for the update

That looks like something I may want to add to my Dewalt.  I already made up the arm that is used to hold up the head.  I can't say that I do a lot of scrolling these days, but when I do I like to have the machine working at it best.

Paul