Free CA Glue sample

kmealy

One of my daughters lives next door to me, so I ordered her a sample. She just brought by and said she doesn't need it, so I could have it. I planned it that way, anyway! So, I guess I got an extra bottle! Hmmm, I guess I should order one for my two boys and my other daughter!

I went to the P.O. and my envelope with the glue was postmarked for .87 cents. They wanted another 1.80 cents. I asked who said so and they said it was where it was shipped from. DAP mailed these out and they paid .87 cents, by the time it got to me it was for an additional $1.80 cents for a total of $2.67 cents. I use DAP products and like them but now I'm wondering.

Preston

A friend told me about this some time ago and I think it may be what's happening. Although the inconsistencies are probably due to the postal workers.

There is a separate surcharge because the envelope had a clasp seal on it ("it must be treated as a parcel" and "it might damage our equipment.")  

Once the envelope had turned into a parcel, the postage was calculated not only on the weight but also on the distance it had to travel. 

54 minutes ago, lew said:

A friend told me about this some time ago and I think it may be what's happening. Although the inconsistencies are probably due to the postal workers.

There is a separate surcharge because the envelope had a clasp seal on it ("it must be treated as a parcel" and "it might damage our equipment.")  

Once the envelope had turned into a parcel, the postage was calculated not only on the weight but also on the distance it had to travel. 

Now, that's just plain silly.

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

Preston, you are almost exactly 200 mi. further from DAPs offices than I am. Sumpin's screwy at the PO. 

You got that right. don't get me started.

I like DAP products. Might be hard for them to turn over if they knew what was going on. What's good for one should be good for all. I'll shut up now but keep in mind I am $#@&@#.

Preston

If you all are dissatisfied with the post office, call 1-800-ASK-USPS and file a complaint.  The PO hired a lot, a lot, of veterans, and disabled veterans at that.  I am one.  We have policies we have to follow, just as anyone else in their job.  Please stop dis-respecting postal workers.

Just now, PostalTom said:

If you all are dissatisfied with the post office, call 1-800-ASK-USPS and file a complaint.  The PO hired a lot, a lot, of veterans, and disabled veterans at that.  I am one.  We have policies we have to follow, just as anyone else in their job.  Please stop dis-respecting postal workers.

Tom, I meant no disrespect of postal workers with my statement. My intent was to simply say that maybe some of the package clips weren't noticed until the parcel arrived at a  different facility and the postage was then corrected.

There is no way on God's green earth I could be a postal worker. The schedules, the public, and the environment would do me in.

4 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Now, that's just plain silly.

The first thing I learned about government policies was many years ago when I started filing income tax 1040s (after getting a graduate degree in theoretical math, i.e., applied logic) -- It does not have to make logical sense, that's just the way it is.

Last year, my wife went on Medicare -- don't get me started there.   Many hours on the phone with Medicare and SSA - who don't really talk to each other.  Each one flipped her back to the other.   I finally called a former boss in Kansas who he and his wife spent a number of years in the Medicare call center.  He told me how to navigate the system and what things to do with payments and one things not to -- it takes them six weeks to cash a check.  I'm starting Social Security benefits next month (where Medicare payments get taken from), and yesterday got a bill for next quarter's premium.   My wife, after her fiasco, set up for automatic withdrawals.   Yesterday she gets a whole page of billing information, where to send payments, due dates,penalties, etc.   One line across the top, "This is not a bill."    Duh.