Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! June 19, 2017

Good morning woodworkers

What ya'll been up to these days! What did you get done over the weekend, and what do you have planned for the week ahead? We are curious and nosy, and we want to know!

I worked a little on a walnut vanity for our half bath area, it's turning out pretty nice, I'll get some images up soon. Beyond that we had a pretty laid back weekend. It's getting hot in our region! We are breaking 100 degrees now, and I gotta work in that stuff in my day job, YIKES! Today we'll be in the desert where temps are going to be in the 114 degree range, lots of water, and a careful eye out for each other on our survey crew today for sure.

So with that, I/we look forward to hearing what you all have planned!

Image of the week

By DANIEL KAPLAN [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

THE FIRST CARPENTER'S WORKSHOP IN KFAR SABA. IN THE PHOTO, THE OWNER YAACOV VALAD AND HIS WORKERS. (Israeli woodshop)

Israeli Wood Shop.jpg

Phyl has been visiting an old friend in MI since last Wednesday. So, keeping the home front intact has kept me out of the shop. She'll be back Thursday and, things will normalize. 

Hope to start cutting some Mesquite for the real rifle case soon. The prototype will become a wall hung cabinet in our son's house. Now, I've got to drill holes for shelf pegs. Probably oughta reinforce the 1/4" BB back for hanging, too.

7 minutes ago, kmealy said:

Building a nightstand to match the dresser I built recently.  (Shhh.   I'm going to put in a couple of hidden compartments.)

I like to do that too. It is a lost feature in furniture  that used to be common place when people had to hide valuables,and such.

Herb

Hot and humid predicted for much of the week, so I'll spend a lot of time in the COOL basement shop! Found a little treasure on the scrap metal pile at work a few weeks ago, and offered to buy it from the guy who had dumped it. He looked at me as if I were senile, and said: "Take it, it's all SCRAP!" So I did. Now that I'm down to one day a week, I'll have the time to restore it. Will post under "Old Arn" when I'm done!

John

13 hours ago, John Moody said:

@John Morris That is a very cool rifle and will be lots of fun to plink with. I have a 1956 Winchester Model 94 30-30. I love rifles too! I still have my first BB gun a Daisy Golden Eagle and it still shoots.  Wish I had the box but I shot it up when I got the gun. 

I took my 11 year old granddaughter out to the outdoor range to shoot a month ago. 

IMG_7816.JPG

IMG_7867.JPG

She loved it and is a pretty good shot. 

I hope you all have fun with it. Good for them to be exposed to guns in the proper and safe setting and learn to respect them. 

What a shooter! She'll be giving classes at that range in no time!

22 hours ago, John Moody said:

@John Morris That is a very cool rifle and will be lots of fun to plink with. I have a 1956 Winchester Model 94 30-30. I love rifles too! I still have my first BB gun a Daisy Golden Eagle and it still shoots.  Wish I had the box but I shot it up when I got the gun. 

I took my 11 year old granddaughter out to the outdoor range to shoot a month ago. 

IMG_7816.JPG

She loved it and is a pretty good shot. 

I hope you all have fun with it. Good for them to be exposed to guns in the proper and safe setting and learn to respect them. 

That's good to start them young.   Tell her to unlock those elbows.   Bigger calibers will give her problems. B)