Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Come see our annual Adopt a Gold Star Family for Christmas Project in partnership with Operation Ward 57. We have been chosen to support this mother and her two children. How can you help? Click on the proceeding link, and see our official project page where you can learn how to participate in our raffle and how you can win some fantastic prizes! Attention on Deck!!! Uncle Sam Wants You!!!!

Rate this topic

Where and when did this happen Steve?

Latest was in the MSN news I get.     Army Reservist  Pfc was denied graduation.     Had to have a private graduation to get his diploma.     Same happened to a Marine that was told he could NOT wear his Marine uniform to Graduation..

Northern CA for the Army Reservist.    I will go look it back up...BRB

34 minutes ago, steven newman said:

Pfc Harland Fletcher at Liberty HS in Brentwood CA

Crown Point HS in IN banned a Marine.   Marine wore his anyway....

I'll be researching this more tonight, thanks Steve.

18 minutes ago, lew said:

Now that's just plain unadulterated BS.

Plus 10!!

These Public School Administrator's should be required to spend a month at Walter Reed Medical Center or any local VA Hospital before they make stupid, non-legal decisions such as this.:angry:

14 minutes ago, Wichman3 said:

In my opinion these students should be allowed, no not allowed, encouraged to wear their uniforms. State Law should be written to this effect and all School dress codes should reflect it as well.

I challenge ALL of you reading this to attend your next School Board meeting and bring this to the School Boards attention, bring your buddies as well as members of the local recruiting staff, make a stink about this and get it addressed.

Write your state legislator to get this on the state laws.

Let's not just bitch about this, do something!

Right on Wichman! Great words!

11 hours ago, lew said:

Now that's just plain unadulterated BS.

there's gotta be a way to reverse the roles...

start w/ the rule makers and persecute w/ extreme prejudice...

Actually, it's quite logical.  You see what kids wear these days?  Schools have been structuring tighter and tighter rules to limit disruptive clothing trends*.  It's part of the school uniform trend:  similar to Scouts:  when you put on the suit, you put on a behavior.  The problem comes down, of course, that you write the rules and forget exceptions, or simply ignore the possibility of needing exceptions.  "My way or highway" thinking will do that.  But I've never been impressed with the flexibility of educators; they tend to be very Establishment, like so many people who don't really understand what they're doing.

In the case of a military uniform, the original clothing rule was backed by logic of "if we let him do it, they'll all want it".  Original logic doesn't really apply to the situation, but the administrators are incapable of seeing their way out without a fuss.

*and when did two undergarments constitute proper clothing for young ladies!?  Why, I was walking through a shopping mall (before they closed) with my teen daughter and I noticed that all the young girls wore short shorts with the top two buttons undone**.  When I turned to my daughter to scorn this practice....well, you can guess the rest, right?!  Yup.

**am I distracting myself?  Well, anyway, one might ask why I noticed?  Where did my eyes automatically rove?  I suppose every generation comes up with new bait for an old hook.