Old school drawing

CharlieL

The reason that I like it is that it is the method that I learned to use when I took a mechanical drafting class in high school, and I enjoyed it, plus I like antiques. I've had a conversation about drafting manually, and on the computer with my brother inlaw that is a draftsman, and what I got out of it was that it really isn't all that much faster to do on the computer, so thats why I have shied away from the extra expense and time to learn it on a computer. I don't do a lot of drafting, mainly just when I'm designing dust collection projects, such as dust hoods and dust separators.  

Edited by CharlieL

53 minutes ago, CharlieL said:

The reason that I like it is that it is the method that I learned to use when I took a mechanical drafting class in high school, and I enjoyed it

That was the same reason I had to save mine, but had no room for it. I remember the ones in school always had a piece of sand paper stapled to the leg for sharping the lead pencil.

Edited by DuckSoup