Has Lowes changed their Vet's discount program?

Got my daily email (spam) from Lowes this morning, big Memorial Day sale coming up and all that.  Sign up to get your veteran's discount every day it says.  So I go to the "about" section to read the fine print.  This is it (my highlights in red):

Military Discount Program

Lowe's established the 10% Military Discount to extend our gratitude to the men and women who have served or are currently serving our country in the US armed forces1

To receive the Everyday 10% Military Discount, you must: 

Be currently serving in, or a veteran2 of the US armed forces or be the immediate family member3 

and 

Enroll in the program online. Lowe’s uses a trusted third party to verify eligibility status for online enrollment and may require additional documentation or proof of eligibility. 

The Military Discount is established for personal purchases and cannot be used for previous sales or the purchase of gift cards or services4 including product installations. It cannot be used with any other offer, coupon, promotion, discount, Lowe's Low Price Guarantee, special price programs such as Lowe’s volume or special discount programs or on LowesForPros.com purchases. Extended Protection Plans, fees or taxes are also excluded from the Military discount. Offer is not redeemable for cash, is nontransferable, cannot be combined with manager discretion price adjustments or Lowe’s credit discount offers, such as but not limited to, Lowe's Consumer Credit Card 5% Off Every Day discount. 

We reserve the right to cancel or modify this program at any time at our sole discretion. We also reserve the right to revoke enrollment status based on evidence of misuse. 

1US armed forces include active and reserve members of the US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps, US Coast Guard and the National Guard. 

2Veteran includes all individuals who are retired from the US armed forces or who have been discharged (e.g., honorable, under honorable condition, general). Individuals dishonorably discharged or for bad conduct are not eligible to receive a military discount. 

3Immediate Family: Spouses and/or dependent children (up to 18 years old) 

4Services include, but are not limited to, assembly, shipping and delivery fees

Long story short, I did attempt to sign up this morning but it would not complete the process.  

I plan to check in the next time I am at Lowes to find out.

In the past Lowes only allowed this discount program to active duty, retirees and the rest of us got two days a year to use the discount - Veterans Day and Memorial Day.  This is being advertised as an everyday discount program.

Cal

Don't know if/when there was a policy change. But, I've always been able to get the Vet discount. 

Some of us lost our paperwork in the fire at the St. Louis repository. Many of those records have not been restored digitally. That may be the reason you can't complete the online sign up. I just took a copy of my DD 214 to the store and signed up there. Once you do that, the My Lowes card will reflect your Vet status. 

Did mine today.  They said they won't be able to manually give you the 10% discount at checkout after the first of June.  Signing up with my retiree card, they asked for a phone number. from yhen on, the phone number or the My Lowes car is the only way to get the discount.

Home Depot will still do it with retiree ID card, thinks Lowe's is out of touch with reality.

One of two local Ace Hardware's will give discount with retiree ID card

Gene - mine got caught in that fire as well.  Fortunately I kept a copy of all my records and still have the original DD214.  Have used it many times.  Just signed up at the Lowes site.  No problem.  

Thanks for the thread, should let a bunch of vets about discounts out there