A Patriot Woodworker Check In

Hello ladies and gents!

the-patriot-woodworker-logo-large.jpg

How about a check in from our users.

• Are you happy with our community?
  • Are you having any stressful interactions in our community?
  • Are you relaxed in our community?
  • Are you having any software issues? Please report at "Bugs and Issues"
  • What do you miss here that you find in other woodworking forums?
  • What do we do best?
  • What do we do not so good?
  • Would you like to see more Patriot Projects for our Veterans and their families?
  • Do we have too many projects that demand too much of your time and funds?

Please let us know how ya'll doing, and please add anything you like to this list of questions. We value you, for without you, we have no community. Your comfort and happiness is above all.

The Management

I think making Kieth the finishing go-to guy was an excellent move , John.

The one thing I don't know if you can do, is to have the current topics tag along side the page we are viewing so we can go to the next topic we want to view  without going back to the home page every time.

Otherwise you guys are doing a superb job managing the forum.

Just saying,

Herb

Edited by Dadio

On 5/6/2017 at 10:48 AM, Dadio said:

The one thing I don't know if you can do, is to have the current topics tag along side the page we are viewing so we can go to the next topic we want to view  without going back to the home page every time.

Let me give that one a whirl Dadio, and see how others like it, I think that one is in my wheel house. I'll work on it this weekend.

@HandyDan, @Stick486, and @Chips N Dust.

What would you say is a reasonable time frame for editing a topic or post. Deletion will never be an option, as we cannot allot a time frame for that, it would be either you have deletion capabilities permanently, or not at all, and we'd prefer to stay with not at all. Can you imagine the damage a disgruntled member could do if they could go back and delete all their content?

So that being said, time frame for editing, if 3 hours is not sufficient, what would be? As that cannot be indefinite either, again, damage could be done.

personally from an ethical and moral sense of the base Ideals that comprise the very foundation of our great US of America. 

Editorial rights should always be available to the composer of comments, post replies, or original postings in a specific thread. They should not be able to Edit the Summary or Topic of a posting thread after a predetermined time allotment. No non-administrative user should at any time be able to delete or edit a post or thread in its entirety, another users post, comments or status updates except for the main body portion of there own writings. Locking in someones posts is yes smart from a veiwpoint of content needs to generate and entertain new and existing memberships... but it discourages the creative or informative mind from wanting to share just to be heard or to help another or to see their own on a website that serves so many every day  and have that feeling of .."somebody accross the nation could be reading my thoughts turned word, turned sentences, so on." i have to stop there hansds cramp up bad sorry

ohg unless they are compensated in someway then the full ownership rights wiuld go to site and with it no fear of empty pagesdb

Project_2.pdf

? ?  ?   ?    ?      ?        ?         ?           ?           ?             ?                 ?

WE take care of  OUR OWN . WE have monters that LOOK OUT FER US.

SHOOT this site has RULES & REGULATIONS WE all try to FOLLOW.

NONE of us are attempting to CHANGE THE WORLD.

WE just have a common interest, WOOD WORKING .

THIS little note is just MY OPINION,OK.

? ?  ?   ?    ?     ?      ?       ?         ?            ?              ? ~~~~~~~~~~~(o+o=o)

Edited by Buckaroo
bad spelling

52 minutes ago, AzraelRedeemed said:

personally from an ethical and moral sense of the base Ideals that comprise the very foundation of our great US of America.

Soooo, how much time do you think is appropriate for editing? Man Jesse, you got some big words my friend! Yer gonna have to talk down a little for us common folks!:lol: Love ya man!

On 5/7/2017 at 6:48 PM, olbuck said:

Dadio, i had same problem. ON PREMIUM 7, AT TOP LEFT HAND CORNER, THERE IS  COUPLE SMALL ARROWS, I CLICK ONE GOING TO LEFT, CARRIES BAK TO WHERE I WUZ.

If you mean the BACK arrow, I do use that,but if you are on page 4, I have to go to page 3,2,1, then home. If the current topics were listed along side the page I am viewing, then I could just click on the current topic I want to read without going back to the home page every time. Other forums are like that, and I was just wondering if this one could be set up that way.

Herb

32 minutes ago, John Morris said:

Soooo, how much time do you think is appropriate for editing? Man Jesse, you got some big words my friend! Yer gonna have to talk down a little for us common folks!:lol: Love ya man!

Hell if I know what's an appropriate amount of time, I've yet to create, operate & govern any sort of online forum, blog or e-community. I did however see a question/posting, albeit informally addressed to three select members. I can only assume other administrators however, we all know the saying about those who assume. W/ it being. Posted in a public access area & being from our illustrious leader himself.. well why not show some initiative & sense of duty & gratitude to a place that could possibly serve has a means of saving grace to me. If someone, something or someplace can possibly offer me a sound reason to keep on living or lend a moments peace. Better yet, during a time, personally, full of chaotic scenes and disturbing thoughts most folks would call nightmares sent from Satan himself. Well I call it every day, ever hour,minute & breath taken. Thanks to forums like this however, I know I'm not alone & that others out there understand, no matter the distance between. So course imma take a minute to make that SAMPLE PDF w/ some base general online courtesies, duh! Helll all day I'm just looking for any chance to practice some digital composition or to make some digital drawings,paintings or even some practice editing photos... :)  I currently can't work wood cause my landlords a greedy cheap ..sweetheart & cause all my darn tools are still rusty, like a sailors forgotten rosary after docking in port after a tour at sea. So  instead I do my research,drawings, furniture  plan design and write mini novels just like this one:)). Just ask John... it was only a suggested opinion, I already changed the world when I won the war(true story all by myself I won it with no help at all) so I don't need to do it again here, hehehe ok imma done now, Carl's Jr. is sounding good

9 hours ago, John Morris said:

@HandyDan, @Stick486, and @Chips N Dust.

What would you say is a reasonable time frame for editing a topic or post. Deletion will never be an option, as we cannot allot a time frame for that, it would be either you have deletion capabilities permanently, or not at all, and we'd prefer to stay with not at all. Can you imagine the damage a disgruntled member could do if they could go back and delete all their content?

So that being said, time frame for editing, if 3 hours is not sufficient, what would be? As that cannot be indefinite either, again, damage could be done.

24 hours....at least that's my reco!