A long time ago, in a galaxy far fa....oh, wrong track.  Maybe a couple years back, in a forum that shall be nameless, Ralph raised the question about how to see the cut line on a bandsaw, when the dust/chips kept collecting on the line marks.  I thought at the time that LED lights would help.  They did, a little, but not enough.  I then looked into a chip blower setup, but found that BS either had them or not, depending on how the motor housing is configured (to bleed off vent air).  Mine don't, so I tried Plan C:  install something.  Turned out too expensive, I couldn't find the right parts, etc, and I gave up.

New galaxy:  W-smith tips show a product called Loc-Line, a hard plastic channel, bendable, nozzles, do-able.  So I went with it:

0506170845.thumb.jpg.d84148132edb4f167d4c2d073c32e200.jpg

I got the tee (insert x insert x NPT) at HD for $5; Loc-line (the blue and orange), $8 (amazon), hose $13 (a), shutoff valve $3 (a).  Had to get a F/F coupling for a few bucks.  Voila, per W-S idea, blue block has magnets on the back, stick to both BS and drillpress.  Also is handy for just blowing off the tools.  Neat-nick (OCS lives on!).  I didn't need a pressure regulator (valve does that).  The Loc-line kit comes with three different nozzles, which i'll have to try (I suspect air consumption will be important).  Not shown, but turns out needed:  Loc-line pliers ($11 from Am).  Of course, already had the air hose passin' thru.  It be slick.

Edited by Ron Dudelston
tags added

Thanks didn't know one existed, thanks for the tip. I have a similar setup on the DW scroll saw, that keeps falling off as I saw, but this one looks better.

I didn't know there was so many variations  until now. Made in you-saw too

http://www.loc-line.com/product-category/14-loc-line-system/

Herb

Edited by Dadio

Line Locs are a great invention. They have been around for years and are pretty versatile. I got portable shields for my machinists that used a magnetic base, and Line Loc stem and a piece of Lexan. They could be placed/mounted almost anywhere. Use your imaginations; magnifiers, lights, shields, on and on.

Oh, by the way, you don't need the Line lock pliers. Just soak the section in hot water and soften them a little before snapping them together. They will get brittle after a few years and loose some holding power or the socket will crack. Just replace what you need to and your back in business.

4 hours ago, schnewj said:

Line Locs are a great invention. They have been around for years and are pretty versatile. I got portable shields for my machinists that used a magnetic base, and Line Loc stem and a piece of Lexan. They could be placed/mounted almost anywhere. Use your imaginations; magnifiers, lights, shields, on and on.

Oh, by the way, you don't need the Line lock pliers. Just soak the section in hot water and soften them a little before snapping them together. They will get brittle after a few years and loose some holding power or the socket will crack. Just replace what you need to and your back in business.

That must be why the one on my DW Scroll saw keeps falling off.

Herb

47 minutes ago, Dadio said:

That must be why the one on my DW Scroll saw keeps falling off.

Herb

Herb,

Check with Travers Tool.  You will need the 1/4"  set, which includes; a length of line and several different sizes of tips...use the smallest tip.  It will replace the DW line exactly.

http://www.travers.com/adjustable-hose-sets/c/298389/

5 hours ago, schnewj said:

Herb,

Check with Travers Tool.  You will need the 1/4"  set, which includes; a length of line and several different sizes of tips...use the smallest tip.  It will replace the DW line exactly.

http://www.travers.com/adjustable-hose-sets/c/298389/

Thanks, Bill, never heard of them, looks like I could get some goodies there ,watch out.

Herb

• 2 weeks later...