Surveyor's Crew Truck Equipment Box

7 hours ago, John Morris said:

I think I found a useful spot for the one left over sheet of crappy plywood, a sacraficial layer for the top of my workbench!

I never worked with such crap in my life.  1494030252716-296703128.jpg

John, I think you are going to have to put a wood edge band on that or you might end up with slivers in your belly or hands.

just saying,

Herb

@Dadio and @Stick486, you both are absolutely right, I already got belly slivers working on it while building the boxes, it's a combination of a bigger belly and crappy plywood. Thanks for the knock on the head, I'll definitely do something like you all are suggesting.

On 5/4/2017 at 7:09 AM, Chips N Dust said:

I remember a story the surveyor for Roseburg Forest Products told me one time. He was researching the survey notes and legal descriptions for some property the company had recently purchased in Northern CA. He found in the fields notes, "Sent 'Joe' back to re-set corner yesterday. He has not come back yet, either Indians or bears got him." This, if I remember correctly, was one of the first surveys in this area setting the section lines.

Precisely why I love Land Survey history, it's great reading the old field notes! Thanks Kelly!

16 minutes ago, HARO50 said:

You know, John, I'm starting to get the impression that you really aren't all that fond of this plywood! :D

John

Never seen stuff like this Haro, been awhile since I worked with ply, my memory of good ply is way different than this crap.