John Morris

Smallpatch

3 hours ago, Smallpatch said:

Take a look at how many I have loaded. Lots of them are nonsense, most all are. Use to, Wood would ask if any one wanted to delete any pictures.

Jess, I appreciate you wanting to clean house, that's great!

But, there are a few reasons why it's a logistical nightmare. Here are a few.

We have shared member project images to our social media pages outside of this community, if they are deleted, they disappear from there, leaving a hole in our posts.

We have quite possibly linked your images to other topics here in this community, if the image is deleted, the image disappears in that topic.

We have featured many of our members images elsewhere such as in news letters etc, if they are deleted, they disappear from the location they were featured at.

There are more variables for us to consider, but my brain hurts just thinking about the ones I listed above.

I can sympathize with your dilemma, but I hope you can see where we are coming from, it would take a bunch of time for us to go through and delete the ones you want deleted. Unless it's just a couple, then we can analyze them and see if they are used elsewhere outside of our community in the areas I listed above, but more than a couple, is going to require some work on our end.

I hope you understand Jess, I truly do.

John no problem if you leave them. The ones I didn't mind leaving is the things I build and don't mind showing. Can't think of the ones not needed but there are a bunch, like pictures of dirty floors , how I hung led 60 watt bulbs, pictures of our lake being full again. Just conversation pictures.

I do remember after I deleted pictures over on Wood. There would be a big red X on lots of pages... 

thanks for the reply!

2 hours ago, Smallpatch said:

John no problem if you leave them. The ones I didn't mind leaving is the things I build and don't mind showing. Can't think of the ones not needed but there are a bunch, like pictures of dirty floors , how I hung led 60 watt bulbs, pictures of our lake being full again. Just conversation pictures.

I do remember after I deleted pictures over on Wood. There would be a big red X on lots of pages... 

thanks for the reply!

Thanks for your understanding Jess, yep, as you noted it's the big red X's that we are worried about, or in our case, they are actually little red x's.

Our woodworking community is so intertwined with our social media sites that those red dots would start showing up other places as well as the posts we post on the other social media venues, are directly linked to our community here.

Depending on who was making this request, this discussion could have gone south in a heart beat, it's happened before, some folks get real angry when they ask this question and we have to say, basically, sorry, don't wanna do it. So I appreciate your understanding Jess, thanks from my heart for taking it in stride.

Besides, I like seeing pictures of "dirty floors", when I do, I realize, I'm not the only one!