Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Nickp

BEWARE - Garrett Super Scanner V

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, schnewj said:

However, you will not convince me that Amazon does not know that this counterfeiting is happening. They should be taking steps to police their own business. If they fail to do so, people will wise up and stop doing business with them.

Slap them in their pocket book... it works...

Remember Starbucks??? almost over night too...

Luckily, I've not ever been burnt in an online transaction. Hope that holds because we're pretty dependent on online purchases. 

more on counterfeit....

not is immune nor safe...

The secret war against counterfeit science...

.........''Huang was shocked to see names such as Abcam and Cell Signaling Technology on labels that looked exactly like those on vials of expensive antibodies produced by the Western companies. Although the writing meant nothing to the friendly shop owner, for Huang it directly corroborated what he and a number of his colleagues had long suspected: many of the antibodies sold by Chinese distributors were not what they were supposed to be. Counterfeiters were getting fake and diluted research reagents on to the market, and this shop in Zhongguancun, Beijing’s premier technology park, was one of the places they were buying machines to make their labels. “I had a suspicion. That confirmed it,” Huang says.''.......

2 hours ago, Stick486 said:

more on counterfeit....

not is immune nor safe...

The secret war against counterfeit science...

.........''Huang was shocked to see names such as Abcam and Cell Signaling Technology on labels that looked exactly like those on vials of expensive antibodies produced by the Western companies. Although the writing meant nothing to the friendly shop owner, for Huang it directly corroborated what he and a number of his colleagues had long suspected: many of the antibodies sold by Chinese distributors were not what they were supposed to be. Counterfeiters were getting fake and diluted research reagents on to the market, and this shop in Zhongguancun, Beijing’s premier technology park, was one of the places they were buying machines to make their labels. “I had a suspicion. That confirmed it,” Huang says.''.......

Scary.

Stick I know of your distaste (ok light word) for HF but their stuff may be knock off but not counterfeit. That is it is not represented as someone elses product not to ignore the faults in the ads.

Amazon I have had problems getting answers on products and when the chinee said it would work with another product They sold me, but it did not . In negotiation want me to not give a bad rating so boss would not be mad at them and then only wanted to give 1/2 credit for something that did not fit had to put my foot down and got full credit. oh and kept the worthless item.

13 minutes ago, Gerald said:

for HF but their stuff may be knock off but not counterfeit.

when did a knock off become not a counterfeit...

3 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

There's a pretty substantial difference (IMHO) between counterfeit and a knock off. Counterfeit is an exact copy of something, including the brand labels and all...trying to profit from the original's market. Knock off is something that's made to a style or design by the original, but has enough difference you know it's not the real thing. Counterfeit is very common in the fashion /accessories industry, if you believe the news. Prada, Coach, and other high cost names constantly defend their products from counterfeit. I'm lees sure about the counterfeit things that aren't exact copies, like a Rolex with the name misspelled. Knock offs are generally legal unless they violate a patent....counterfeits are definitely not legal.

Well said Fred. As long as the product does not represent itself as the original by name (in my opinion mimicking the name should not be legal) and the design is not patented or copied exactly it is legal. All this with the old caveat "Buyer Beware".