WIP: Top gets framed

steven newman

Hard to believe the carcass is mostly "done" save some final finishing and the finish...

As for the finish, my first thought is old fashioned International Harvester Red with smoke gray trim & drawer fronts (kinda like the old school Craftsman Tool chests); or vice versa main chest smoke gray trimmed out in red with red drawer fronts...BUT...that's just me.

Rustoleum makes hammer finish paints (both aerosol & pints/qts) I'm growing akin to which can mimic various machine tool colors...again, just me typing out loud...

1 hour ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Hard to believe the carcass is mostly "done" save some final finishing and the finish...

As for the finish, my first thought is old fashioned International Harvester Red with smoke gray trim & drawer fronts (kinda like the old school Craftsman Tool chests); or vice versa main chest smoke gray trimmed out in red with red drawer fronts...BUT...that's just me.

I have a tool chest to build when I get recovered from surgery and I will paint it red/black to mimic the other craftsman tool chest i have. At least that is the plan