A Work in Progress

steven newman

Resaw happened for ONE corner post......going to need a new sharper bandsaw blade....

jumbo jack.JPG

Smoothing after the camber jack got done....

cambered jack.JPG

Hungry beasty.   Then jointed the edges,  a bit..

edge work.JPG

The big plane on it's side to the right? Stanley No.7c   Made  use of the crochet to help hold things in place.   Chose the best edge for the next step....

45 work.JPG

I used the Stanley 45 to mold a good profile.   Test fit showed the corner post was a bit fatter than I wanted.....no biggie, I can adapt to that.    These corner posts also have a detail down at the "foot"

foot detail.JPG

Leaves a 1" x 1" pad for the floor.    The bottom rail will be at the other end of the angled cut.     Need to make the other three posts, AND six more rails.    Well...I do have all week for that.......

Edited by steven newman
picture did not post.

Steven, you wear me out just following along with your multi-tasking. You're an inspiration showing what can be done with properly sharpened hand tools, limited power tools and a pure passion for simply working with wood. Kudos my friend...waiting for the next episode.