Dungeon Shop Remodel, stage 1

33 minutes ago, steven newman said:

Might be a day to rest up.

Yep, probably wouldn't be a bad idea to give the knee a bit of a rest...Doc probably isn't going to scold you much for all the trips up/down the steps, but carrying items might be another story.

Ya' done good so far...it'll still be there for you.

BTW....I'd never knew you had a PC Dovetail jig....must have been hiding down there somewhere...

Is the shop cat OK with all this disruption?

Shop Cat has been patroling  around the outside of the house lately,  or sleeping things off.   That boy has been packing on the pounds, lately. 

Gave up on the PC Jig.....got tired of fighting it, anyway.     May just send it out the door.     Needs a collar for a router, and a 1/2" shanked DT bit.   I'll just do dovetails by hand for now.

Ok, that walnut tool chest is now upstairs, my son carried it with no problem at all...Grrrrrr

Doctor Visit went very well, no restrictions, no need to schedule any more visits.    Resting up today, then MAYBE back at it tomorrow.  

Walnut Tool Chest does need a new home though.....

10 minutes ago, steven newman said:

Ok, that walnut tool chest is now upstairs, my son carried it with no problem at all...Grrrrrr

Doctor Visit went very well, no restrictions, no need to schedule any more visits.    Resting up today, then MAYBE back at it tomorrow.  

Walnut Tool Chest does need a new home though.....

Steven, did you have the joint replaced ,or did they repair existing damage to the joint. You sure had a speedy recovery.  Do you have any pain now? Good to hear you are back doing things so fast after surgery.

Herb

1 hour ago, Dadio said:

Steven, did you have the joint replaced ,or did they repair existing damage to the joint. You sure had a speedy recovery.  Do you have any pain now? Good to hear you are back doing things so fast after surgery.

Herb

Had some tears repaired, is all,   They cleaned it out, and repaired the torn stuff.   Knee is still a bit stiff and tender, but seems to be ok,    Uncle Arthur being in there doesn't help much.

Been 3 weeks, so far.  

I found my dovetail jig to be a bit finicky..

dovetail jig.JPG

Will be doing hand cut ones from now on....don't like the look of these..things.

On 1/4/2017 at 9:51 PM, steven newman said:

Shop Cat has been patroling  around the outside of the house lately,  or sleeping things off.   That boy has been packing on the pounds, lately. 

Gave up on the PC Jig.....got tired of fighting it, anyway.     May just send it out the door.     Needs a collar for a router, and a 1/2" shanked DT bit.   I'll just do dovetails by hand for now.

I might be interested in buying it, or my neighbor might be.,..alternately, i could show you how I have mine set up.