Claro Walnut Rocker Headrest Fabrication

John Morris

1 minute ago, Chips N Dust said:

That chair is really awesome looking. I cant wait to see the finished product

Should be relatively soon Chips, and thanks! I really need to get this one wrapped up, got partial tuition for my oldest girl to pay by end of year, this beautiful chair needs to be someones Christmas present and out of my shop!:D

3 minutes ago, Chips N Dust said:

Private or not, I am sure you will do very well :D

I'll tell ya what, I've been doing side work beside my day job since I was married 25 years ago, the day job just never seemed to be enough to make ends meet, and I have always said to myself, I am blessed to have something I love doing for side-work. If I need to work on the side, what better way than to do something you love doing. Life is good. Life is great.

5 minutes ago, John Morris said:

Should be relatively soon Chips, and thanks! I really need to get this one wrapped up, got partial tuition for my oldest girl to pay by end of year, this beautiful chair needs to be someones Christmas present and out of my shop!:D

Shucks John, you don't need to wrap it, I promise to act surprised come Christmas.:D Bad as I would hate to "cover" up the beautiful seat bottom with a cushion, my sciatic nerve would appreciate it. Hope that's OK...promise to only cover it when my butts in the rocker which would be most of the time:P.

This is has been a great journey watching this build...gonna' hate to see it come to an end. It's the only way I know it's the weekend. :rolleyes:

Just now, Grandpadave52 said:

It's the only way I know it's the weekend.

That sounds just like my dad Dave. I swear he'll call me on the phone, and he'll ask me what day it is, sometimes he's not even in the right month! He's 83 and been retired now for some time, and his time line, is most certainly not my timeline!:lol:

I love it when he asks me what day it is, I play along and I say to him, "Dad, what do you care? You're on your time man!"

3 minutes ago, Dadio said:

John the walnut you used for that chair, was beautiful. It really showcased the exceptional grain when you radiused the top of the headrest. You did a wonderful job on the rocker. Great job.

Herb

Herb, I appreciate that much, the wood is the star here as you know. Us carpenters just help it show off.:) Working with wood like this, really makes one feel special, and I do.

10 minutes ago, John Morris said:

That sounds just like my dad Dave. I swear he'll call me on the phone, and he'll ask me what day it is, sometimes he's not even in the right month! He's 83 and been retired now for some time, and his time line, is most certainly not my timeline!:lol:

I love it when he asks me what day it is, I play along and I say to him, "Dad, what do you care? You're on your time man!"

:D:lol::D Your time will come John and quicker than you'll be ready for, trust me...at least you'll have an idea what to expect when you get here...:P

Edited by Grandpadave52

Just now, Grandpadave52 said:

:D:lol::D Your time will come John and quicker than than you'll be ready for, trust me...at least you'll have an idea what to expect when you get here...:P

Oh I am sure of it, as much as I enjoy life right now, not wanting to rush things, I can see myself retired, and working the wood, and traveling with LOML around our nation, and having grand kids over. Subject to change of course, the almighty hardly ever plays well with our plans.:) But ya, I think I'll make a good retiree.