Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, MT Stringer said:

. I am spraying some cabinet pieces with the clear finish...and cooking a couple of chickens on the Traeger! :D

Hope you didn't get them mixed up! :unsure: BTW, BOTH look good.

John

Edited by HARO50 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, HARO50 said:

Hope you didn't get them mixed up! :unsure: BTW, BOTH look good.

John

Took the words right out of my keyboard:P

It may not have caught it all, but I do believe it got almost everything!   But, you asked....Yikes!

IMG_1746.JPG

1 hour ago, Wayne Ellington said:

Currently two have mostly scrape wood and lots of junk on them.

Sounds like you're peering through the window at mine Wayne. :D

Love that top cabinet and especially the 6/4?? top. What is the top material?

The top is almost 6/4 .  it measure 1 1/8 inch thick  after planning rough cut lumber from  5/4 if I remember correctly.  The board is Red Oak.What on my workbench?  My question would be which workbench.  Currently two have mostly scrape wood and lots of junk on them.  Last week I had a cabinet on my big workbench and now in setting in the house waiting for the other half.     

10 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Sounds like you're peering through the window at mine Wayne. :D

Love that top cabinet and especially the 6/4?? top. What is the top material?

Got the last 26 box lids lacquered today. Just need to cut rabbit for tops to fit. This will finish 56 . IMG_1208.thumb.JPG.0ead23e97376cae9e4cbf09bc5f9a991.JPG

7 hours ago, Wayne Ellington said:

The top is almost 6/4 .  it measure 1 1/8 inch thick  after planning rough cut lumber from  5/4 if I remember correctly.  The board is Red Oak.What on my workbench?  My question would be which workbench.  Currently two have mostly scrape wood and lots of junk on them.  Last week I had a cabinet on my big workbench and now in setting in the house waiting for the other half.     

Looking forward to seeing the cabinet with drawers and door(s) Wayne. I really do like the top with that thickness. Adds extra depth and dimension.

What are (were?) your plans for  finish?

1 hour ago, Gerald said:

Got the last 26 box lids lacquered today. Just need to cut rabbit for tops to fit. This will finish 56 .

Whew, that's a lot of box lids...Look great. Are these from the recycled pews?

I stained it with MinWax Provincial.  Then used Minwax semi-gloss polyurethane.  I thought I had taken the picture but not finding it in the camera.  I'll take a picture of it sometime Monday.  I'm having a glass put in on the door side and was told they have it ready Monday. 

1 hour ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Whew, that's a lot of box lids...Look great. Are these from the recycled pews?

Yes we took out the old to remodel and since they were going to dumpster I suggested we "sell" boxes and plaques as memories to help with money collections. After 56 boxes I am ready to be done bu now begin the plaques.

@BillyJack, that is some absolutely drop dead beautiful work, thanks for sharing. I'd like to ask you to introduce yourself at http://thepatriotwoodworker.com/forum/38-introduce-yourself/

so that we may get to know a little about you Billy and the work you do and how you got to this quality point in your life. The game tables on your profile page are to drool over, thanks for sharing those.

12 hours ago, BillyJack said:

when ship to another company they ran a fork lift  into the back of one:angry:

That's not anything to even joke about.   Are they still alive?  :angry:

22 hours ago, John Morris said:

@BillyJack, that is some absolutely drop dead beautiful work, thanks for sharing.

Ditto!