Sawstop v. Bosch

I was a meat cutter for about 20 years, and I've been mostly a hobbyist woodworker for about 30 years. I still have all my fingers, complete. There are plenty of machines other then the table saw in the wood shop that can easily take a bite out of you. If you can't pay attention to what your doing and you get injured, then you really have no one to blame but yourself. Plus I hate the fact that SawStop wants to force their saw on everyone in this country, but won't support the American worker. I believe that the saws are made in Taiwan. No thanks. 

Edited by CharlieL

I've read that Steven Gass is a patent lawyer and wrapped so many patents around the table saw (and other tools) that he left no wiggle room for anyone else who would not license from him.  Do you remember when he got turned down by the mfrs that he tried to get a federal law mandating (his) technology.

• 8 months later...
9 minutes ago, BillyJack said:

I support SawStop 100%. I'm not just a user. Ive been seriously  hurt by the table saw...

A hobbyist can refuse, but the profession doesn't get much choice...

I've always said, if I ever owned a production shop, the SawStop would be in it, and every other safety device known to man.

My most  productive safety device is myself If I am not thinking right, I'll come back another day. I have even done a dry run without the blade running to see what if. I know accidents happen and I try hard to keep it that way.

Preston

4 hours ago, steamshovel said:

My most  productive safety device is myself If I am not thinking right, I'll come back another day. I have even done a dry run without the blade running to see what if. I know accidents happen and I try hard to keep it that way.

Preston

I'm with ya, Preston. A dry run is always a good tactic.

9 hours ago, steamshovel said:

Preston

And then you add SawStop... Automatically improved...

Edited by BillyJack

• 4 weeks later...