Acronym Expansion (On Going)

Stick486

11 hours ago, Stick486 said:

so will you be adding them to the library..

Not sure yet Stick. We are trying to stick with technical and common acronyms, and stay away from jobsite and social media slang acronyms. I know we got a few that snuck in there in the beginning such as LOL and Snork and such, we'll see, let me pass it by my board of directors.:)

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
48 minutes ago, Buckaroo said:

I'm with Lew on this, good grief Charlie Brown!

Next'll be BSM=bull s**ting me!!

You are absolutely right Buck, thus the reason we have only allowed technical terminology into the library of acronyms. Only a few sneeked in that are common, such as LOL etc. But 99 percent of the acronyms are tech, thanks for your feedback, and yes, Lew is right!

1 hour ago, Larry Buskirk said:

That's why you need the directions. :P

Growing up, it seemed like all our neighbors worked for FoMoCo. My friends (their kids) always insisted it meant First On Race Day. This was in the 60's, so we really didn't know who was first on race day for several weeks after the race. Al hadn't invented the internet yet.

@ John Morris Wonder what caused that? my old '95 expedition is still running like a Swiss watch. Post what the problem is so I know what to watch out for? Power steering go out?

@ Fred W.Hargis Jr

Just like the old joke where a Ford and a Chevy had a race and the Chevy won. Ford posted the Ford came in second, and GM posted the Chevy won the race and the Ford came in last.

Herb