NEVER TO FORGET NEVER TO FORGIVE

Cliff

Time heals most of the physical and emotional wounds. Time cannot bring back the victims nor the heroes of that day. For their families all they have is their memories.

I know I'm called to forgive and maybe some day I might but 15 years isn't enough to erase what I saw on that day and the days to follow. It will be 75th Anniversary this coming December 7...I can tell you, my step-father has neither forgotten nor forgiven those responsible for that day. If the Lord allows, he'll be 90 the end of January and is a PROUD but very humble WWII vet. 

As Dave @Grandpadave52 put it "Time heals most of the physical and emotional wounds"...

It was on our minds every day when it happened, then weekly, then monthly, then yearly - soon we'll be bowing our heads in prayer on special commemorative anniversaries...and then on specific occasions...

It's inevitable...none of us will forget...we just won't remember as often.

...However, it sure is tough to forget when your bus goes past the site every day...or hearing the news that another fireman or policeman died from 9/11 complications...and then there's the "Tunnel to Towers" run that my retired firemen friends do every year...

Sun Tsu:  “If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.”  (...unless it's those that we sold weapons to...)

Can you imagine the innocent people who put up with this kind of tragedy every day...?

This is Israel's memorial to 9/11.

Twin_Towers_Memorial_in_Israel

It is called the 9/11 Living Memorial Plaza, and was initiated and designed by Eliezer Weishoff.

911-memorial-jerusalem

Image Credit: Creative Commons

Completed in 2009 for $2 million, it sits on 5 acres of hillside, 20 miles from the center of Jerusalem according to Wikipedia.

Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 1.06.13 PM

Image Credit: Screen Shot

The memorial is a 30-foot, bronze American flag.

memorial4

That forms the shape of a flame to commemorate the flames of the Twin Towers.

funjoelsisrael.com

Image Credit: funjoelsisrael.com

The base of the monument is made of melted steel from the wreckage of the World Trade Center.

PikiWiki_Israel_29906_Geography_of_Israel

And includes this engraving in Hebrew and English.

memorial8

Image Credit: jnf.org

"This metal remnant was taken from the remains of the Twin Towers, that imploded on September 11th disaster. It was sent over to Israel by the City of New York to be incorporated in this memorial.  This metal piece, like the entire monument, is a manifestation of the special relationship between New York and Jerusalem.”

memorial2

Surrounding the monument are plaques with the names of the victims of 9/11.

Twin_Towers_Memorial_Near_Jerusalem

It is the only memorial outside the U.S. that includes the names of all who perished in the terrorist attacks according to the memorial website.

T'win_Towers_memorial_in_Israel-Names_of_the_Victims

Including 5 Israeli citizens.

Nov-417

The site solemnly overlooks Jerusalem's largest cemetery, Har HaMenuchot.

Twin_Towers_Memorial,_Israel

The monument is often used for memorial and commemoration services.

öéìåí ùùåï úéøí 0524203780

6a010536b72a74970b017d3bfab0d9970c-800wi

A powerful memorial from a powerful ally.

http://www.hagayshefi.info/english/MemIsrael.html

Image Credit: hagayshefi.info

Nice slide show...it's great that a memorial stands on distant lands...

I wonder why the inscription calls it a "disaster" rather than "terrorist attack"...couldn't help but notice...not that I'm implying anything...just an observation...

Thanks for sharing...

Sorry guys, but I still believe our own government did this to get us into a war with them.  Facts don't add up. The chances of both those buildings falling in their own footprint was a billion billion to one. The pentagon, the 3rd building by the trade center that fell. Too much bullshit.

Archived