Things I've seen from a distance

Smallpatch

Gerald these pieces are the lens of the clocks. The wavy glass in my weird mind will make people stop and think did I just see something different or did that drink I just had have more than the prune juice and a raw egg which is my normal drink. The wavy glass makes things change in strange ways and they might see something they like in that clock. Sometimes it takes something different and odd to make people buy something they didn't even need or want when they came in to look around.

59 minutes ago, Gerald said:

I can see all except where is the wavy glass going. Is that the glass outside the clock? Thanks for the PIP. I have tried to get away from clocks after retirement and then went and put up 3 clocks in the shop so I would not miss supper.

Your missing out, Gerald! You can buy seven day movements. With every rotation of the big hand the little one moves to the next day. Print out your clock face, put it together and you'll always know what day it is.

I sometimes gain or loose a day, which can raise havoc with my mother's medical social calendar. Fortunately, I've never failed to get her to an appointment yet. However, I digress.

Print out your prefered clock face. Mine is; Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

4 hours ago, schnewj said:

Your missing out, Gerald! You can buy seven day movements. With every rotation of the big hand the little one moves to the next day. Print out your clock face, put it together and you'll always know what day it is.

I sometimes gain or loose a day, which can raise havoc with my mother's medical social calendar. Fortunately, I've never failed to get her to an appointment yet. However, I digress.

Print out your prefered clock face. Mine is; Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

So what happens when the time changes and leap year?:wacko:

Patch, Your creative talent and eye is beyond remarkable. These are so unique and off the wall (no pun intended, well maybe a little) spectacular. They have to be an interior designer/decorator's dream come true. As always thanks for sharing.

BTW, you think these special round wood tree things will really catch on or just a fad? ;)

Dan this movement after the hands are installed on 12, second hand also, a pin on the back has to be removed before the battery is inserted. Meaning the guts don't know where the hands are pointing, this is where a human has to offer his or her help in making this movement do its thing, so everything has to stay in sink, not kitchen type.

Dan this particular movement does the daylight savings time thingy supposedly at 2 in the morning. But we decided to sit there one time and wait and see what happens. We were putting puzzles together and walked into the living room at nine that night and wa la the clock had already added an hour. Now we know the time at our house does the time change around 9 pm..

When you first put a battery in a new movement it will sit there and do nothing for maybe an hour or two then all of a sudden the minute hand starts moving and it will make an hours revolution in about 15 seconds. And sometimes it won't stop moving for ten minutes which on the dial it might have gone 12 hours. When the battery runs out, insert a new one and it will start moving that fast again until it gets to the right time. Going back in the fall the movement sits there doing nothing for an hour. I might be wrong but I think when first installing that movement it sometimes will turn backwards for a while but it never stops at the correct time. It only stops at the correct time running forward......You see when explaining one of these, people will think you are nuts so its best to take the politicians route and say, duh, that question was not supposed to be asked. I take the third amendment on that one. 

There's more to this movement, all three hands, if using a second hand, have to be installed all on the 12 oclock time and a pin, locking the movement at that time has to be removed before the battery is installed. Then sooner or later it will be on the correct time. Then later if one has to remove the hands for any reason, he should  wait until the hands all are on 12 o'clock again before taking the battery out, then insert the pin again so it will stay in sink, not kitchen sink,again for when the battery is inserted again...You might have guessed it but there is a hole the pin goes it to and that hole only shows up when the hands are all on 12 ....making it stay in s---

Now, they have movements with a chip added so daylight saving time will be automatically set for the next 35 years.......I guess if any states votes down that law those movements would have to be trashed. But I still like to use the Atomic model as this is called from Klockit.

Just kindly ask something that don't take a lot of words next time for an answer........ I'm missing my favorite, How-de-du-de on TV...............We have a very old TV and that's about all the shows we can get besides Band Stand..

29 minutes ago, Smallpatch said:

Dan

Just kindly ask something that don't take a lot of words next time for an answer........ I'm missing my favorite, How-de-du-de on TV...............We have a very old TV and that's about all the shows we can get besides Band Stand..

Jess, I don't mean to run you out of words.  I have a few words saved up in a high interest account and will surely lend tou some if you really need them.  You need to look for Lucy.  She is in my squawk box.

Image result for lucy tv screen