My new shop

Movers moved the heavy equipment in two weeks ago.   But then family came to visit for a week, I got into some other work, mowed 3x this week, etc. etc.  Finally got the last of stuff from the garage moved down yesterday so wife is happy she can get her car in the garage.  So most of it's just still sitting there.

On the sink, I had a plumber over for another job and we discussed options.   I got an 18"x24" utility tub that's going to fit in the garage.  The J trap will be inside the wall to the basement and there will be a shut-off and pipe drain down there, too.   So it will be freeze-proof when needed.   Need to call them back to do all the piping.

Did I mention that I hate plumbing and always have?

I'm working on a church project with a couple of other members.   We picked up $800 worth of material Friday in addition to $1000 a few days before.   He said he tried ripping some 12' pieces and had to move the saw all around to do it.   For the first time in 35 years, with the new shop, I won't have to do that.

I got a spare hour this afternoon and made a clamp rack or two.   I was looking for some ideas on WOOD and most looked like this.  Given paucity of time, I found some long narrow pallets at the hardware store dumpster recently and thought they would make a good prototype/stopgap/quick solution.   In the interim, I stumbled into 40 nearly new clamps that I bought from a guy who had to move from his house the next day.   So I made two clamp racks and got them loaded.   4 bolts and nuts and two appropriated HF dollies.IMG_7474.JPG

Here some other shops of the shop in progress.

Storage units (two gray ones of Craig's list) for hand tools, hardware, accessories like blades and sandpaper)

IMG_7477.JPG

Same shot as before (it's not that dark, just the camera on flash 48 feet away).  Not shown is the finishing wing, off to the left.

IMG_7475.JPG

Main power center -- Unisaw, Jointer-Planer, Dust collector

IMG_7478.JPG

3 hours ago, Stick486 said:

Keith...

didn't you use to have a Quonset hut for a shop???

Nope, not me.   Last show was about 12 x 26 (a deep one-car garage-sized spot) in the basement.   Gradually took over most of the rest of the basement with wood storage and a finish room.

The last few projects  -- 3 sets of bunk beds, two bedroom sets, 7' and 8' tall linen cabinets, and some chairs, (thankfully, not all at once)it got pretty tight in there -- every operation involved moving something around or out of the way.

Edited by kmealy