I took a day PTO painted rust has found me!

Bundoman

I have wanted one of these for a long while.  They usually are home made, or in a bad state of affairs when I find them, or both and pretty expensive, too.  So, I have passed several up over the years.  Anyway, I almost never find myself on the hunt on Fridays because of my J-O-B but used personal time today.  We went out to the garage sales and passed s new store that The wife wanted to stop and check out.  It is a re-purpose shop and although this is not always my cup of tea, I can say that the owner has some nice things.  We had pretty much walked the store when I spied this Wheelwright Traveller.  Yes, it has been covered in metallic gold paint to go with the store inventory.  I was out the door for 12 bucks though!  Guilty that I probably will not give this much use but loved the cool factor.  Every now and again, I am guilty of bringing things home just because...well... you get the picture.  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Ron Dudelston
tags added

It took more e-tank time than I thought it would.  It cleaned up nicely, though.  I did find an old repair to the arrow lock ring that had failed over time.  It had stripped threads sometime during its long life and a prior owner had rivetted a washer to it and threaded the washer to produce new threads.  That washer cracked into pieces and caused another failure.  I drilled and riveted another new washer onto the existing holes and I tapped new threads again.  It is a nice clean repair and is functional again.  Gold paint is gone!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg