Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Come see our annual Adopt a Gold Star Family for Christmas Project in partnership with Operation Ward 57. We have been chosen to support this mother and her two children. How can you help? Click on the proceeding link, and see our official project page where you can learn how to participate in our raffle and how you can win some fantastic prizes! Attention on Deck!!! Uncle Sam Wants You!!!!

Stick486

Tabs on the Weather...

The news last night showed a car dealer and a furniture store lost their roofs.  Supposedly from localized straight line winds.  Had that happen to my neighborhood this spring.  They are about three miles from me and as far as I can tell I don't have even a branch down.  Light rain and upper 40s for today. 

Edited by HandyDan

We are ok here but the power went out at 1:41 pm and is still out.   Luckily I have a generator and 15 gallons of gas. There was some very  heavy damage from a tornado about 4 miles from me.  

On 11/6/2017 at 10:10 AM, Ron Dudelston said:

We are ok here but the power went out at 1:41 pm and is still out.   Luckily I have a generator and 15 gallons of gas. There was some very  heavy damage from a tornado about 4 miles from me.  

Glad you all were safe through this Ron. I saw on the news Tuesday AM that the tornado first touched down just to the south edge of HC and stayed on the ground for ~41 miles.

Hope you've got your power restored by now?

Some huge alien looking orange-red, heat generating orb hanging precariously from the Eastern sky this AM...

It does seem to be melting the heavy frost we had this AM from extreme lack of outside heat...

I'll keep ya'll posted...

2nd day of snowing...

Another gorgeously boring weather day on the mesa. Plenty of sunshine. Headed to low 70s for the next few days. 

5 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Glad you all were safe through this Ron. I saw on the news Tuesday AM that the tornado first touched down just to the south edge of HC and stayed on the ground for ~41 miles.

Hope you've got your power restored by now?

Got it back Tuesday evening.   I spoke with a friend near the strike zone and he said that there are 110 light poles down between HC and the Ohio line. I'm taking my generator out to him in a little while.  

That sounds like a serious storm, Ron. Glad you weathered (pun intended:D) it without serious damage.

30° this morning, currently 47°, then calling for a windchill of 5°F overnight, with possible S***! Called the weather people to see if they could send it to Colorado instead, but those buggers are no help whatsoever! :angry:

John

20o at 6:15 A with pretty heavy frost. Missed the record low by 4o. Forecast high for today is 34o which is below average low temperature for this date. Not good signs. At least the sun is shining.:wacko:

-11° and seriously snowing...

10°, and everything's white! Only about 3/4", but it all stayed. Took 10 minutes to scrape the LOML's car clean enough to drive. :angry: Could have been worse..... some areas north-west of us got 4", from what I heard on the news, and because it started as rain, some roads are treacherous!

John

16 minutes ago, HARO50 said:

some roads are treacherous!

be careful out there...

25 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

be careful out there...

Both vehicles are winter-ready! Me, not so much. :(

John

37o, 92% RH, NW winds 5 mph +/-; overcast, damp, dreary with light fog. More pleasant than yesterday though.:o

spring is here early???