Stick486

Tabs on the Weather...

2,157 posts in this topic

W/ all the different simultaneous weather systems in progress around the country.. I thought I'd try getting away w/ putting up a continuous running thread about what's going on around the country/continent weather wise...

Here... High Mountains of central Colorado...

a two front snow storm broke loose... (you should be here for a three front)...

this isn't unusual and easy to deal w/...

further out... add severe hail, T storms and high winds...

out further, add severe rain and higher winds......

reaching into the low lands... all the above and tornado warnings...

severe flash flood warnings are up for everybody... (severity just upgraded/extended through reverse 911)...

now this could be worrisome...

I'm 10,560'...

I flood and a lot of you guys are gonna need the plans for arks...

or... got boat???

Edited by Stick486 (see edit history)

Not near as exciting here. Just HOT all week in the mid to upper 90's with 70 to 80% humidity. We call it "Weather you can wear". Then when it heats up this afternoon, the thunderstorms start to roll and you never know what you will get.

Lower 90's today, down from the mid to upper 90's. Low Humidity and SMOKE. Not sure which fire(s) it is coming from but we are starting to get smoke in the valley. Hopefully it does not get as bad as last year when I could not see the school that is 350 yards from my back fence.

It has been hot and humid here for two months running.  Get up in the morning and the house windows are fogged on the outside.  That has only happened a few times that I can remember but this summer it has happened at least a dozen times. Very unusual.

Stick.  You need to build a boat dock so the ark can tie up and get you onboard.  Probably got a few animals up there he will need to add to the collection too.

I do have some stuff stashed away in the doomsday vault.

Image result for tubing

Now that's a look Dan!

42 minutes ago, HandyDan said:

It has been hot and humid here for two months running.  Get up in the morning and the house windows are fogged on the outside.  That has only happened a few times that I can remember but this summer it has happened at least a dozen times. Very unusual.

Stick.  You need to build a boat dock so the ark can tie up and get you onboard.  Probably got a few animals up there he will need to add to the collection too.

I do have some stuff stashed away in the doomsday vault.

Image result for tubing

warn us the next time ypu post like this...

another image I need to work at getting out of my head...

Stick, been at Monarch pass in 4 ft of that white stuff...in the middle of July!

48 degrees at dawn, here at 6000 ft. Might get to 80 with clear skies.

18 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Stick, been at Monarch pass in 4 ft of that white stuff...in the middle of July!

48 degrees at dawn, here at 6000 ft. Might get to 80 with clear skies.

and what is so unusual about that...

did you use to leave there...

Naw, but we've traveled the length and breadth of your beautiful state. Besides our own travels we attended three family reunions there. Close to Buena Vista, close to Gunnison and near Ouray.

Believe we're in for anther day of storms...

yesterday was all T storms, rain and lots of wind...

Yesterday turned out to be a pretty good day.  Temperature stayed at 82 and the humidity dropped to 46 percent.  Spent the day in the garage servicing a small riding mower for one of my nephews.  Just got his first house and needs one.  Hadn't run that one for a couple years but it ran fine.

Today a high of 88 is expected and the humidity is to remain bearable.  Might just stay in the shop today since the temperature is supposed to drop to low 80s for the rest of the week.  Finally a break from the heat!

It did not get as hot as they said yesterday and it is still supposed to be cooler than yesterday - Labor Day weekend is looking to be really nice - not to hot, not to cold. Now the smoke on the other hand was REALLY bad last night. From my house, I could barely see the hill 3 1/2 miles to the east of me, could not see the hills to the west (approx. 8 miles away) and could not see Mt. Ashland at all (about 20 miles away). And, I had ash on the sidewalks and rigs too.

Well, life in Southern California is always interesting. Where I live in Corona, CA 92881 we are in our typical summer pattern. From June through September we live life with temps from 80-115 with July and August being the hottest for the most part. Here is a pic of our 7 day forecast.

2016-08-30 15.10.52.png

Tubing down a river sounds like a great way to "beat the heat".  For me, I go into my air conditioned shop and enjoy myself that way.

obtw - lookout folks, there's a storm brewing out in the Atlantic - just in time for a Labor Day hurricane

reports came in that there was 12~14'' of accumulated hail in some areas around here...

looks to be the day is  threatening to size for a replay...