Stick486

Top 10 Unavoidable Truths of Woodworking

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, HandyDan said:

What could be more important than having all that fun.  That guy has more ideas and the brains to work them out than anyone else I can think of.

DITTO!!!!

On OLDTOOLS there used to be a saying "If it slips, where will it go?"     A warning to be careful with sharp edges (and power tools)

I have been woodworking for over 40 plus years and have not suffered a serious laceration until about 1 month ago. I was routing an edge on a panel with a Porter Cable 690 when for some reason the motor came loose from the base and headed to the floor. Initial response was to grab for the motor and spinning bit. Duh!!!! Luckily the bit didn't hit bone or ligaments. Pretty lucky for a stupid stunt. If it slips let it go.

IMG_0597.JPG

ewwwwwhhhh!!!

Thanks for asking and your concern. All you can see on my finger is a 1 inch scar. No effect adverse affect in the movement of my finger. An angel must have been sitting on my shoulder. 

2 hours ago, Ron Pemberton said:

Thanks for asking and your concern. All you can see on my finger is a 1 inch scar. No effect adverse affect in the movement of my finger. An angel must have been sitting on my shoulder. 

Glad to hear no adverse effect and you are healing well!

On 8/12/2017 at 9:32 AM, hatuffej said:

Hey Stick, good list! I'd like to add "Don't work  when you are tired or distracted."

Or having an insulin reaction! :rolleyes: BTDT!

John