We have been experiencing a severe heat wave in our area about the time I need to be outside framing up the shop. As it has been hot, the heat also brings the thunderstorms so we have worked a while and run in out of the lighting and rain a while. But over the weekend even with it raining almost all Saturday and Sunday afternoon we managed to get three walls up.

First Wall Up.jpgHere we got the first wall framed and up and the second wall framed and on the concrete.

Second Wall Ready.jpg

I left an opening in the first wall so I didn't have to walk all the way around till I get ready to close things in.

So the second wall is ready to stand in place and attach to the first wall.

I got the small wall at the end framed up and it will have a set of French Doors in the middle of that wall. That end will have our finishing room so we can take the project out the double door and load onto the trailer or truck for pickup or delivery.

Three Walls up.jpg

Making progress but with the heat it is going slow. Don't need to overheat.

More as we get it put together!

6 hours ago, lew said:

Nice! I'm interested in how you re going to tie the new roof to the old one.

Me too!!

At this point I am planning on doing a lean to style roof. I have 2x10's and I am going up on the current roof about three feet, cut them at an angle and attach to the current rafters.

But that is subject to change by the time I get there. LOL

Several years ago I would have jumped on it, Ron.  The last couple of years have zapped me, especially in this heat.  I guess you could say I'm outta the kitchen cause I can't stand the heat.  We are in Monteagle, TN this weekend and lovin the 83 degree weather.  We almost pulled out of the show due to the high heat and humidity.

On July 26, 2016 at 9:52 AM, Gene Howe said:

That makes sense.

I'd have a roofer do the shingles. My leak preventative measures always fall short. That and, at my age and girth, roofing work is no longer appealing. Especially, in the heat.

well I roofed the shop a few years ago and said I wouldn't get back up there, but most likely I will roof the expansion too.

On 7/30/2016 at 7:38 PM, Fred Wilson said:

Several years ago I would have jumped on it, Ron.  The last couple of years have zapped me, especially in this heat.  I guess you could say I'm outta the kitchen cause I can't stand the heat.  We are in Monteagle, TN this weekend and lovin the 83 degree weather.  We almost pulled out of the show due to the high heat and humidity.

:(  Understand.  I'm going down to help as soon as I get my schedule straight.  I want to make sure its really though.

• 2 weeks later...