Thanks for the welcome

Rlbailey3

Hey everyone. My name is Trey and I am new to the site. I am also pretty new to woodworking. I decided about 4 years ago that I wanted to take up woodworking as a hobby but did not get up and going until March of this year when my wife wanted me to build her a simple sofa table using dimensional lumber. I have been hooked ever since. I have tried my hand at quite a few projects since then to figure out what I enjoy the most and to cut down on my wife's list. 

A couple of weeks ago my wife told me she wanted a simple trough/planter box to place on her famous table that I built her. I could have made a simple box using butt joints but decided since this piece was suppose to look rustic that I would make my first attempt at hand cut dovetails. So I set out with my gent's saw and got to work. Well about 10 hours later (off and on over a couple of weekends) here is what I came up with. They certainly were not perfect but they added a different meaning to that simple pine box. And they all fit!! Now just waiting for the weathered gray stain that my wife is going to add.

Thanks for having me on the site and I am proud to join a community that supports our troops.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Welcome Trey! And man I gotta say those hand cut dovetails look like you been doing it awhile, those look great! We are glad to have you aboard sir, and please us up to date on that long list of projects you are knocking out, and come back anytime and just share anything you like, life, woodworking, dogs, cats, we love it all!