Mark Wilson

Pawn Shop Find

Rate this topic

The other day I went to a pawn shop with my younger brother. At first I didn see anything that interested me. I walked over to a bin with some books and odds and in in it. The gentleman who worked there told me that everything in that bin was only $0.50 each. After a few minutes of rummaging thought his bin I came across a small hand plane. First thing I noticed was it was missing its blade but it felt like all the other parts were intact on it. So I took it to the register and paid for it. The gentleman asked me what it was because he didn't have a clue. When I got home a did some research on the internet and I believe I have a Stanley - 75 Bull Nose Rebate Plane. Now all I have do is get a blade for it and I have another hand plane for my shop. Here's 3 pictures of the hand plane that I just got.

post-1926-0-21993200-1436043794.jpg

post-1926-0-96931500-1436043812.jpg

post-1926-0-30039200-1436043840.jpg

Nice find. You just never know where one of those will jump up.

$0.50 ! ! ! ! !  I say you stole it.  Great find, John