Wednesday's Wisdom For Woodturners March 11, 2015

lew

This Wednesday's post will be the conclusion of my review of the Easy Wood Tool package currently circulating among the Patriot members.

Without a doubt, these tools are designed from the ground up with the turner in mind. The attention to detail is evident as soon as you pick up any one of the pieces. The quality of manufacturing is first class. As noted in a previous installment, the Easy Chuck should be on every turners Christmas list. This chuck has to be the finest wood turning chuck on the market. Made in the "Good Old US of A" with features that other manufactures will surely envy. A vast array of chuck jaws and jaw sizes are available for any turning project. 

The turning tools are a pleasure to use, as well. Comfortable, light in weight and strong are just a few of the attributes you first notice. Renewable and replaceable cutting tips stay sharp and cut with ease. Speaking of the tips, Easy Wood even engraves the carbide tip part number on the tool's metal bar. You don't have to remember which tip fits that tool!!

As Siskel and Ebert used to say- "Two Big Thumbs Up"- for Easy Easy Wood Products. You owe it to yourself to head off to the nearest Woodcraft store and check out these these products.

During the process of trying/testing each of the tools, I created a small, lidded vessel. Some of the video from each of the test was spliced together to give you an idea of how well the tools work. I pared the time down to a point that, I hope, won't put you to sleep

A couple of pictures of the vessel-

post-3380-0-97886000-1426119783.jpg

post-3380-0-80083800-1426119788.jpg

Now if you want to see an enjoyable video, here's Tim Yoders second part of turning a very large platter-

Safe turning and Thanks Again to the folks at Easy Wood for the opportunity to experience these great tools.

Lew, thank you so much for taking this on, it looks like you had a blast with the tools and I am sure EWT would be pleased to see this review. I also know that you are giving an open and honest review as I know you have to do. If there were anything that stood out faulty in the tools, I know you would be the first to state so. But the fact is they are great tools, I have had the pleasure of using some EWT's as well, the fit and finish is on par with any. I always like to associate great tooling with gun smithing, when I use and feel a great tool, it always reminds me of great gun makers and the precision and finish involved in their work. The EWT's have a fit and finish that is completely awesome.

Thanks Lew again for taking this on.

Lew, great review. I got my first EWT several years ago after seeing them demonstrated at the Tennessee Woodturners Symposium. As I stood and watched them turn using the tools I was immediately sold and bought my first one there. I love the feel of the handle and the idea of just turning the cutter and then after a while replacing it sure saves time on sharpening.

I agree with you whole heartedly that if you haven tried them you should and if you do you will want a set of them. Great tools and they really make turning fun.

I have not used the chuck, but listening to you, I have got to give it a try and hopefully add it to my arsenal.

Thanks so much for taking the time to test and review the EWT tools.