Welcome to our new theme for The Patriot Woodworker. You can choose from a variety of colors, and background images by clicking on the "paint brush" icon, or the "image" icon. We want your feedback for our new theme. Please go to the topic "Beta Testing New Themes" for feedback, questions, and concerns.
Since you are here, you are willing to keep an open mind and help us improve this new theme to fit the general needs of our entire community. Thank you for your feedback in advance!
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'belt'.
Found 2 results
Have a belt/disc combo center that has a broken drive belt. 14" long, toothed belt, to be exact. Model No. 113.226423. Did a short Google-Fu Search.......anywhere from $1 per inch to $44 for ONE belt. Yikes! I only spent MAYBE $15 on the machine at a garage sale. A belt that costs more than the machine? heck, Sears Parts wanted $24 for one...IF they have one in stock. Lately i don't trust Sears any further than I can throw the store. Looking for other options right now..... Old belt blew apart at the seam. I might go and check out sweeper belts today and see what they have. Let you know what I find out. The machine comes in handy on curved items.....
Picked this up from another member over on the Canadian forum. It was in what can only be described as tough shape with no motor. It was completely encased in want looked to be a hard shell of bondo dust. At least thats what I assumed it to be given the seller said it came out of a body shop. But what the hay, I love a challenge. Fist step was to remove all the crud. Turns out it was fairly easy to scrape off. After complete disassembly I soaked all the painted parts in a strong hot bath of TSP which moved any remaining crud. Follwed this up with a two day soak in citric acid solution to remove all the rust as well as some of the paint.Removed the paint with paint remover. Discovered that a couple of the legs had been bent and twisted so I had to straighten them out. The belt cover was dinged and pushed in a bit. Some work on the dings and some bondo worked fixed that problem As usual the top cover had a groove worn it it from a poorly tracking belt. Some JB and bondo disguised this. Wire wheeled and buffed all the shiny parts. Painted it up. Made new decals and put it back together. Put on a 1 HP motor I had in my rathole, install a new motor starter and drive belt. The machine did try my paitence when I was tracking the new sanding belt. By the way this is best done with the side cover and top cover removed. Fortunately I had been warned about this in advance. Turned out good enough to earn a place next to the rest of my Delta stuff. I also discovered during the coarse of the rebuild that I was missing two parts, a front dust deflector that goes at the bottom of the belt and a small dust deflector that goes inside the dust chute. I made the deflector for the inside (sorry forgot to take picture) I was making the one for the bottom of the belt but gave it second thoughts. I ended up using the one in the picture below by the previous owner. It no doubt catches more dust as it strats just below the table. I know it cuts down on the belt lenght in the horizontal position but I don't that as a problem as I am likely to use it in the vertical position most often.