Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'banks'.
Found 1 result
Had an order for 3 buffalo nickel banks. Since they do involve a lot of time and finishing I decided to make a few extra while I had everything all set up for each stage. Each one (funny how it worked out this way - must be the magic resizing feature of Aspire) was cut from a single 1 x 12 x 48 Baltic birch glued up board that was on sale at Menards earlier. Not as good as David Falkner's videos, but you people are smart and can put it all together. Started by cutting the inside spacers for the $$ and the pieces for the cradles. Then each side of the "coin" had to be cut. This gave us all the pieces necessary for each bank. Some glue, clamps, and a little cussing gave us the rough banks - ready for sanding and filling where necessary. The two piece cradles lined up nicely, and a little time with the Ridgid oscillating belt sander (this is a life saver - $199 well spent) we were ready to finish. A couple coats of Rustoleum aluminum metallic paint (this is some great stuff), two screws through the bottom and we have finished pieces. The nice thing about the CNC is the same file is used over and over. Everything lined up regardless of what pieces were used.